Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 is already launched in India and is the only Snapdragon 660 phone to provide bootloader unlocking in the same price segment. It not only allows you to unlock the bootloader but also allows you to use custom ROMs and play with Magisk modules. However, you don’t need to unlock the bootloader to use the apps like Google Camera.
Google Camera requires Camera2 API enabled which can be done via fastboot commands. Using the command is safe and it won’t void your warranty.
Enable Camera2 API without unlocking Bootloader:
- Download and Install ADB setup in your laptop or computer.
- Install Drivers if a device doesn’t show up. – click here
- Enable USB debugging in Max Pro M2.
- Power off the phone and enter the fastboot mode by pressing power and volume up key for a few seconds.
- Connect phone with PC/Laptop using cable.
- Run the command:
fastboot oem enable_camera_hal3 true
- Reboot Device
Now, Camera2 API is enabled in your device. You can check it by installing Google Camera in your device.