Honor revealed a great smartphone in India with the price starting from the Rs. 14,999. It packs some interesting features with a great camera. It has 91% Screen to body ratio which is really great in any budget smartphone.
Honor 8X Specifications
- CPU: 2.2 GHz Kirin 710 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Operating System: EMUI 8.2 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 6.5-inch Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with 2.5D curved glass, 19.5:9 aspect ratio and 397 PPI pixel density
- Rear Camera: 20 MP (f/1.8) + 2 MP with AI Portrait Mode, HDR, AI Scene Recognition, 480 FPS Slow-Motion Video Recording and LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture and AI Beauty Mode
- Internal Storage: 64 GB (with 4 and 6 GB RAM), 128 GB (with 6 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card (dedicated slot)
- SIM: Dual Nano
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 3.5 mm headphone jack, micro USB
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, GPU Turbo, 4D Gaming, AR Stickers
- Colors: Black, Blue, Red, Purple
- Battery: 3750 mAh with 10W (5V/2A) charging
- Rs. 14,999 – 4GB+64GB
- Rs. 16,999 – 6GB+64GB
- Rs. 18,999 – 6GB+128GB
Honor 8X Tips, Tricks, and Hidden Features
#1. Change The Screen Resolution:
You must be thinking what is the benefit of changing resolution, Well there is, When your battery is low and you want to do some critical task, You can lower the resolution. Lowering the resolution will help a battery to last for a few more minutes or hours. You can change settings by going on the following path.
Go to Setting –> Battery –> Screen Resolution –> Change Resolution.
#2. Home Screen Style:
There is two home screen style, One is standard which without app drawer and other is App Drawer similar to the Android experience. You can choose one of that, as per your preference. To change:
Setting –> Display –> Home Screen Style –> Choose Standard/ Drawer
#3. Motion Control:
Whenever you get a call, You can flip the phone and the device will mute the ringtone. Also, You can take 3 fingers screenshots by enabling motion control. There are only two motions available as of now.
Setting –> Smart Assistant –> Motion Control –> Enable
#4. Storage Cleaner:
You can remove unnecessary files from your device in one tap. There is a feature in Honor 9N, That lets you delete all the unnecessary files. To Do:
Setting –> Storage –> Storage Cleaner –> Clean
#5. Eye Confort:
In the night time, The direct light from the device can harm your eyes. So you can enable the Eye Confort from the
Setting –> Display –> Eye Comfort –> Turn ON
You can also change the color temperature from warm to cool as per your requirement.
#6. Navigation Bar Customization:
The Honor 8X features some of the great customization options for the navigation bar. You can change the position of recent, Home, back buttons from the navigation bar. You can also disable navigation bar and enable navigation dock if you’re comfortable with it.
Setting –> System –> System Navigation –> Enable/ Disable/ Customize
#7. Turn Off Notch:
If you are one of the guys who doesn’t like the notch then no worries, There is an option to hide the notch. Just go to
Setting –> Display –> Notch –> Turn On/ Off
#8. App Lock:
Just like the other smartphone manufacturers offer the inbuilt app locker, the Honor is also offering inbuilt app locker in their Honor 8X. The device supports App lock so you don’t need to download any third party application to lock application. Just set the lock and choose the application you want to lock and done. You can choose a fingerprint app lock as well.
Setting –> Security & Privacy –> App lock –> Set Password/ Fingerprint –> Choose the App –> Done!
#9. File Safe:
File safe is used to save the very important files. The files you don’t want others to see from any other app like gallery or videos, So you can store here so the files won’t appear on any other apps.
Setting –> Security & Privacy –> File Safe –> Add Files
#10. Lock/Unlock Apps With Fingerprint Sensor
Now, as you know you can lock files using the provided File Safe feature, the Honor 8X also offers you to unlock all the files with just your fingertips using the Fingerprint sensor. In the same Security and Privacy settings go to the following path.
Setting –> Security & Privacy –> Fingerprint ID
#11. Ride Mode:
When you are driving a vehicle, It’s not possible to answer the call. So this feature will make it easy. Whenever someone calls you, It will answer and speak the recorded word “The person you’re trying to reach is driving”, It will also send a message to the user. To enable:
Setting –> System –> Ride Mode –> Enable/ Disable.
Here are the options you get in the Ride Mode.
- Preferred answering method – Set the preferred answering method, either by voice or by text. The third option will decline the call automatically.
- Auto-answer by voice – Answer through the built-in multilingual voice or your recorded voice.
- Auto-answer by text – Send automatic messages to the caller.
- Ride tracking – Track your ride for a total distance and total time covered in a day, week, and month.
- Distance unit – Units shown in Miles or Kilometers
To edit the Ride Mode, tap the edit icon on the top right corner.
#12. Record Screen
Recording screen is very easy in Honor 8X with new EMUI version. You can start recording in high resolution simply from the notification. Honor offers screen recording shortcut in the notification bar.
If you can’t see the option, swipe from the top, tap the edit icon beside the settings gear icon. Tap and hold, and drag the shortcut to the panel.