Xiaomi Poco F1 is still arguably the best budget handset in the market under Rs. 20,000. The device comes with the Snapdragon 845 chipset under the hood which can support higher internals along with the software features. So, you might consider the 4K video recording. And there is no doubt, that SD 845 supports 4K recording at 60fps. But the feature is not enabled in Xiaomi POCO F1 by default.
POCO F1 device is scheduled to get the 4K video recording in the upcoming month along with the nine new MIUI camera features. General Manager for POCO India has officially announced this on his tweeter profile. But, now, it is possible to get the 4K video recording feature in POCO F1 on early stages. Thanks to the Senior XDA Member defcomg.
He developed a Megisk module which you can flash on your POCO F1 device. So, it is clear you will require to root your Android device using Megisk. You can install Megisk via two methods: Using TWRP or via Fastboot. Further next steps I have mentioned below.
PLEASE DO NOTE BEFORE YOU PROCEED: As per informed by the developer, the Poco F1 gets the camera modules from two different manufacturers. And this module works on one of the camera modules. So, this is a humble request for not to blame the developer or us if this module doesn’t work on your POCO F1.
Enable [email protected] on POCO F1
01. I am guessing your POCO F1 has Megisk installed. So, first, you will need to download Megisk module.
02. Skip this step if you have downloaded on your Android device. If you have downloaded on PC, simply move it to your device’s internal storage.
03. Open Megisk, tap on three lines which is on the left side upper corner and go to the modules section. Now, you have to tap on ‘Plus‘ sign located down below.
04. Get into the download folder and select ZIP file which you have downloaded. Megisk will automatically install it. So, wait for a little bit.
05. Once installed, you will need to reboot your device. That’s it. Once rebooted you will be able to record video in [email protected] settings.