There are few smartphone features that we are used to it and want it in every next smartphone that we upgrade to, like double tap to wake up. The always-on display is a great feature and users like it a lot. Because most of the time a mobile phone is on the desk and not in a pocket.
OnePlus included always-on display feature in OnePlus 6 but they removed it in an update because of the battery consumption. This feature can be brought back using the Magick module. Since OxygenOS is almost similar in all device this feature can also bring to the OnePlus5T and OnePlus 5.
- First, you will need root and Magisk.
- Download the Magisk Module from the page linked below.
- Install it within the Magisk Manager application.
- Once installed, reboot the OnePlus 5, OnePlus 5T, or the OnePlus 6 so the changes can take effect.
- After rebooting your phone, you will find the always-on display feature tucked away in the Display section of the Settings application.
You can find the magisk module and installation process of a magisk module in the XDA forum. So make sure you strictly follow the steps or it might brick your device.