The Xiaomi Mi A1 was the Xiaomi’s first ever smartphone which is part of Google’s AndroidOne project. It is now affordable smartphone provides the stock Android experience. Well, the device runs over Android 8.1 Oreo. But, Xiaomi is rolling out the Android 9 Pie update for Mi A1 device which brings some of the new exciting features and some changes in UI.
The Android 9 Pie update for Xiaomi Mi A1 is currently available in few countries. While in India it is not yet available. So, if you will try to search for new updates, you won’t get any new update information on your Mi A1 device. So, here we have a method to get Android 9 Pie update on your Xiaomi Mi A1 device.
Note: Before we proceed, I want to tell you that please do note, in the majority of cases this method works. So, please follow all the steps carefully and if it doesn’t work, then you can comment in the comment box.
What are the new features?
As you can see in the screenshot, the new Android Pie update will bring the FM Radio, Adaptive battery, and brightness, some new Xiaomi gestures or official Android Pie gestures. Also, it will bring the completely new UI as we have seen in the Android 9 Pie like the pill button. digital wellbeing, adaptive brightness and swipe up to home gesture.
How to Install Android 9 Pie
Well, there two methods to install Android 9 Pie on your Mi A1 device. Both are pretty simple if you just follow the steps carefully. And we suggest you let us know which method works for you in the comment section. It will make easier to others as well.
Method 1: By Using VPN
- First, disable the locations services on your Mi A1 device if turned on any.
- Now, remove the SIM card from your device.
- As you know we are going to use the VPN service. So, I suggest you download UFO VPN from the Play Store
- Once it is downloaded, open it and set the location to the Netherlands.
- Keep the VPN service turned on and remove all of your Google accounts from your device.
- Now, in order to get an update, you have to clear cache and all of the data of the following some Google services.
- Google App
- Google Play Services
- Google Service Framework
- Google Backup Transport
- Fused Location
- Location Services
- Now simply go to the System Updates and search for a new update. You should get the Android Pie update there. Simply update your device and that’s it.
Method 2: By Flashing ZIP
I guess this might be the easiest way to get Android Pie update on your device if you know how to flash ZIP through recovery.
- First, take a full backup of your device data. Yes, in order to take a backup, you can transfer all the files on your computer. Don’t worry the flashing of ZIP file won’t wipe your smartphone. But, prevention is better than cure.
- Download the Android Pie ZIP File in your device.
- Simply, flash it by going into the recovery mode. To do so, turn off your device. Press Volume up and Power key simultaneously. You should now get the recovery. Simply, flash the ROM from there.
- That’s it! The Android Pie is now on your Mi A1 device.
If you are still facing any problem, then feel free to let us know. We will reply you asap for sure.