Xiaomi promised to provide Kernel source code of Poco F1 and it’s finally available. So, the developer already started working on things so that users can play with the device. To do anything with your device first you need to unlock bootloader for that you need to request Xiaomi for that. So, here is how to unlock bootloader and Install TWRP.
Your warranty will not be void for unlocking bootloader and installing TWRP as Mani Jain said in the conference.
Note: Make sure the battery life is above 80%. & Take a complete backup of your Poco F1.
#1. Unlock Bootloader
- Download and install ADB Fastboot and install universal ADB Drivers on PC
- Download Supersu Files
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your Xiaomi Poco F1.
- Enable “Developer Options” by clicking 6-7 times on “MIUI Version” option in the Settings.
- Turn ON “USB Debugging and OEM Unlock” in “Developer Options”.
- Go to this website http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and click on ‘Unlock Now.’
- You will be required to fill up a form and log in with your Mi Account, then you have to “Apply Now”.
- After that, you should get the unlock permission in typically 2-3 days.
#2. Install TWRP
- Download TWRP from the XDA Thread or Drive.
- Rename it as ‘recovery.img’
- Transfer this file to ADB and Fastboot folder.
- Connect your device to PC.
- Go to the ADB & Fastboot installation folder and press Shift + Right Click.
- Select ‘Open Command menu’
- Enter “adb reboot bootloader” into fastboot.
- Enter “fastboot flash recovery .img” to Install TWRP.
If you have any issue unlocking bootloader or installing TWRP, contact us on Telegram or write in the comment section below.